Rhoda Y. Andors
Rhoda Y. Andors practices primarily in the areas of appeals, employment law and the defense of municipalities and municipal officials.
Rhoda has defended employers in collective actions and class actions from wage and hour and employment discrimination claims. She has also appeared before the EEOC and the New York State Department of Labor, and in appeals before the New York State Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board and the New York State Workers' Compensation Board. She is experienced in litigation under the Equal Pay Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, New York State Labor Law, New York State Human Rights Law and appeals of agency decisions under Article 78.
Rhoda is a graduate of Princeton University, where she graduated summa cum laude. She received her J.D. degree from Hofstra University, which she attended on a merit scholarship. She is admitted to practice in New York State, the Eastern District of New York and the Southern District of New York.
- Employer Beware: New Requirements for Preventing Sexual Harassment, Nassau Lawyer, October 2019.
- Now You See It, Now You Don’t: Facebook Job Ads Older Members Never See, Nassau Lawyer, June 2018.
- The Women’s Equality Act: Making Work More Equal, Nassau Lawyer, April 2017.
- The Equal Pay Act: Not Equal Yet, Nassau Lawyer, January 2015 (co-authored).
- A Swan Song For Unpaid Interns In For-Profit Businesses?, Nassau Lawyer, January 2014.
Legal Book and TV Reviews
- The Severance Package Employees Can't Refuse, Nassau Lawyer, April 2023
- The Night Watchman, Nassau Lawyer, March 2022
- The Round House, Nassau Lawyer, July 2020
- The Seventh Canon, Nassau Lawyer, October 2017.
- The Ex, Nassau Lawyer, May 2016.
- Tom and Lucky & George and Cokey Flo, Nassau Lawyer, October 2015
- Co-Editor-In-Chief, Nassau Lawyer, 2016-2019.
- Co-Chair, Publications Committee, Nassau County Bar Association, 2016-2019.
- Editor, Annual Labor and Employment Law Issues, Nassau Lawyer, 2014-2019.
- Associate Editor, Nassau Lawyer, 2015-2016
- Publications Committee Member/Editor, Nassau County Bar Association, 2015 to present